February 22, 2010

Secret Pleasure # 1

Everyone has secret pleasures they enjoy when no one is looking. I have many... and tonight I indulged in one of my favorites on the way home from work.

As I was driving back to Tigerville in the dark, I let down my hair and opened my sunroof with all the windows, allowing the winter air to whip my hair around my face in a frozen frenzy. The stars above me shined alongside the moon in a magical way as I popped in a favorite cd and let loose with wild abandon.

In that moment ... as goosebumps covered my body, with my hair a tangled mess and my vocal cords pushed to the limit ... I reveled in the stinging sensation of being fully alive.
I could feel all of it: The shivers racking my body; The excitement of driving fast; The music pounding in my ears; The breathtaking creation of God surrounding me in the mountains.


I can feel. I can sing. I can breathe. I am fully alive. And I am filled with Joy.

1 comment: