February 25, 2010

A way out

God daily amazes me with His faithfulness and grace.

I struggle with keeping my heart pure and hands clean in the presence of my Father, daily stumbling and dirtying my soul with the filthiness of my humanity. And yet, day after day, He forgives and bestows grace upon me.

I am unworthy of this L O V E.

I, in no way, deserve this faithful affection from someone who is perfect, holy, and all-powerful. I sin like the lost man. It was MY sin that pinned my spotless Savior to the cross. He was humiliated for ME. I crumble to my knees under the weight of His absolutely adoring me - a failure.

And because of this endless love, He provides me with a way out of temptation.

God has provided me with an incredible gift. It has been a rough week, and I had been struggling especially hard on Tuesday, but by Wednesday God brought around blessing after beautiful blessing. Within 2 days my loving Lord gave me 2 friends who struggle with the E X A C T problems I have on my plate. He poured out understanding through the friendship of 2 beautiful ladies who can keep me accountable and help me find a way out.

I am so touched.

He promises to be faithful (despite my unfaithfulness), and indeed, He is. He promises to redeem me from my sins (despite my wretchedness), and indeed, He has. He promises to love me forever (despite my unworthiness), and indeed, He will.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    You are such an eloquent writer. I believe God smiles on you every time you write because you are using the beautiful gift He has given you. I admire you so much. Your words inspire me and I am so glad you take the time to write things like this. I've definitely been encouraged tonight. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words, Beautiful Heart, Beautiful Amanda!

    ReplyDelete