July 08, 2010

My Husband

Someone asked me on my FormSpring what I looked for in a husband... This caused me to reflect and I wanted to share my thoughts with you. From the young age of Barbies & playing House to high school and now college, I have always treasured the idea of my perfect husband. I've always kept a list of what I "must" have, and over the years it has morphed into a more mature expectation. Years ago it looked something like this:


-Plays guitar, piano, drums, and can sing in a beautiful tenor voice
-Plays soccer
-Loves God
-Not a druggie or an alcoholic
-Has a 6-pack
-Sweetly romantic
-Dark features with blue eyes
-Can act and enjoys the theater
-Can pick me up


Not exactly a realistic picture, hmm? :) Things have been added and scratched off my list as my hair color changed along with the color of the seasons. Today, when I was asked this question, I thought it was funny timing. My parents and I have been talking about this for the past couple weeks... I suppose I'm getting anxious about ever meeting him, as every girl worries. But my dear mother put my fears at ease when she said - if he loves God first, and then loves me, everything else will fall in place. It may seem like a simple fix, but it comforted me. I know other things will be issues...but you can't go wrong with loving God. So my answer for my FormSpring looked like this:



A man who loves God more than me will catch my eye. Someone who can be a strong leader and is worthy of being followed will earn my respect. That man with a sense of humor will make me laugh for the rest of my life. The guy who gets along with my family will have my heart. Someone with a good work ethic will make me feel secure. A man who does well with children will make me want to start a family with him. He who can be spontaneous will always make me feel young. Maturity - spiritual and personal - will allow me to lean on him when I'm weak. And at the end of the day, the man who loves me for me - curves, loud laugh, faults and all ... I will forever be devoted to him.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I ran across your blog today and I just wanted to give you some encouragement. I never thought I would meet my husband. I never had any serious boyfriends and I just couldn't find the one man who loved God and who wasn't completely wrapped up in the world. Well, my last 2 years of college I just completely melted myself into the Lord. I didn't think about finding the one as much and made myself busy in the Lord's work. I finally met him at the end of 2008. It was completely unexpected. We have had tough times the past 3 years but we are staying strong in Christ. He is my best friend! I know the Lord has that one man out there for you. Just look at God and he will sneak up on you before you know it. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete